The Chiba Bank, Ltd.
Conclusion of Agreement on Comprehensive Collaboration and Cooperation with National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology
Chiba Bank (President: Tsutomu Yonemoto) announced on October 17, 2022 (Monday) that the National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology (President: Toshio Hirano, English name: “National Institutes for Quantum Science and Technology”, hereinafter “QST”) An agreement on comprehensive cooperation was concluded. QST is a research institute that engages in advanced research funded by the national budget and joint research funded by the private sector, with its main research fields being radiology, quantum beams, and nuclear fusion.
The purpose of this agreement is to accelerate the creation of innovation and the social implementation of research results, and to revitalize the economy. Both institutes, which focus on
industry-academia collaboration and venture support, will work together comprehensively to strengthen support for startups and promote quantum science and technology, which is a national policy. Specific cooperation items are as follows.
(1) Information exchange on promotion of innovation creation activities and science and technology promotion
(2) Creation of matching opportunities to widely disseminate QST research results to Chiba Bank’s business partners, etc.
(3) Comprehensive follow-up support for venture companies that commercialize QST research results
(4) Activities related to coexistence with local communities and next-generation education
(5) Other matters necessary to achieve the purpose