[Doctors without borders] Doctors without borders request permission for both Italy and Malta to land rescued migrants and refugees
Doctors without borders Request for permission to land rescued migrants and refugees from Doctors Without Borders, Italy and Malta …………………………………………………………………………………………… On August 13, Doctors Without Borders (MSF) and civil society “SOS Mediterrane” are collaborating with maritime authorities in Italy and Malta on the points where migrants and refugees rescued on the Mediterranean can safely land. Officially requested to show. MSF and SOS Mediterrane have been searching for and rescued from the Mediterranean for four days since August 9 and rescued a total of 356 people. Currently, everyone is on board the “Ocean Viking”, which is co-operated. So far, they have asked the Libyan authorities for a safe landing site, but there has been no response, and then requested Italy and Malta, which are geographically closest. [Image
People rescued by MSF and SOS Mediterranee = 12th, Central Mediterranean Need a safe landing point in accordance with international law “Some survivors are still struggling with violence both physically and mentally while passing through Libya. In Libya, the conflict continues and there are many immigrants and refugees who do not do anything. It is trapped in the place. ” Jay Burger, MSF project coordinator on the ship, says. “The people who have already suffered too much. We seek a safe place to land these people quickly.” During the four days that Ocean Viking rescued, Libya’s Joint Rescue Coordination Center repeatedly responded to the ship’s repeated communications and returned survivors to Libya. This is a violation of international law and MSF and SOS Mediterrane will not bring survivors back to Libya under any circumstances. Since the Libyan authorities do not indicate a safe landing point that meets the requirements of international law, the ship is now heading north, and MSF and SOS Mediterranee are in a safe way for European authorities to land all passengers in accordance with international law. Ask for immediate location. Most survivors experienced forced labor and torture “We took great care to determine the situation and rescued. Maritime authorities did not share any information.” Nick Romaniuk, the ship’s search and rescue coordinator, said. “We were able to get wireless contact only once with one of the three European Union (EU) aircraft that found the lost rubber boat. How far behind the country’s duty to save lives , Well illustrated ” Most survivors were arbitrarily detained, robbed, worked like slaves, or tortured during the move. There are 103 people under the age of 18, who are safely protected on the ship, but 92 of them are not guardians. “The survivors, including minors, were tortured by electric shock, struck with barrels and sticks, and pressed against plastic melted by heat. Complaining how much the wounds and scars they received while in Libya hurt. ing”. Dr. Luca Pigozzi, MSF on board, talks.
For more information about this release(Japanese):
https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000448.000004782.html ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ https://prtimes.jp ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Comment ( 0 )
Trackbacks are closed.